Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Moving into Phase 2



There is much to be thankful for as we are now officially in 'phase 2' of the adoption process. The court hearing went very well and we submitted our formal legal adoption petition to the court and R (birth mother) voluntarily relinquished her parental rights. So, we are now in "Phase 2"... waiting for the judge to sign our petition and we gain custody of Isaiah. It was a very special day as we had 'the last meeting' with R and her family after the hearing. It was very special!

Miya got to meet her baby brother for the first time today as well. It was pretty amazing! She loves him so much and wants to hold him all the time. Here are some special pics and video of Miya and her new brother.



We will get to visit Isaiah tomorrow morning for a few hours. Join us in praying the judge signs before the weekend!

We miss all our family and friends in IA and are excited for you all to meet our special guy.

We have so much to be thankful for and are overwhelmed by God's faithfulness and grace.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey guys- we are faithfully following every step and thinking and praying for you often. Can't wait to welcome the little guy to Iowa for the first time! The Jansma's

The DH Family said...

What a beautiful family! Miya's been training to be a big sister for so long, I know she'll be great. I can still picture her being "mommy" to all her dolls already at age 2!

Kelli B said...

WOO HOO! I've been so celebrating "with you guys" all day.

where's the video??

These pics are so cute! Miya is such a great big sis! miss you guys a lot.

Anonymous said...

I am rejoicing with you as I watch the videos and see all the pictures. Looking forward to seeing you when you return to Iowa!
Sending you a BIG hug.
Debbie Longseth

Jennifer Handsaker said...

I wonder if I will ever stop being amazed how how good God is?!?!? This is all so amazing and thrilling. We are praying MANY blessings over you all and CANNOT wait to meet your new little man. Thanks for blogginf this journey for us.