He's been slowly getting the hang of this whole bottle thing. The host mom said his second night was much better than the first. We were able to feed him and he sucked down the bottle in record time. When he was done he made some bubbles for us.
6lb 15oz is pretty small. Isaiah is one little dude. When I lift him up, he feels so fragile. But he is like every other little baby... giving off heat and cuddling right up to you. I love holding him close. You can hear his little grunts while he breathes.
Joni and I are most entertained by the little guy's faces. They are so cute and funny. This video kind of gives you some examples of what I am talking about.
Lastly, we decided to head home today after our visit with Isaiah in the morning. With the court date being a couple weeks away and our visits being only a couple hours per day. Our case worker gave us encouragement that its ok to go home and be with Miya and trust our host mom. She is amazing... she has watched over 100 babies so we know Isaiah is in the best care possible. This way we don't have to sit in Michigan using up our time off only for 2 hrs a day. Instead we can use our time for when we have custody. It will be hard being away from the little guy but we feel its a good decision for us. Plus when we got home Miya was so excited. She ran to us and hugged us and was excited to look at pictures. That was very reassuring of our decision.
Oh yeah... this is what she looked like when we got home. It was crazy day at Awana's.

3 comments:
Joni and Derek!
I'm SO excited for you guys! Isaiah is SO cute! I love the pictures.
What day was he born? I want to add his birthday to my calendar as I have all the other suitees' birthdays.
Keep us updated-
Emily Dalen
So adorable!! Miya won't be able to stop kissing that little boy when you bring him home!
your kids are so stinkin' cute!! praying for the rest of the process...
Post a Comment